This guide is a supplement to GCC’s Regathering Guide. Please be sure to read that document carefully for detailed information regarding how Grace Community Church is creating a clean and safe environment for worship and ministries that help people know and follow Jesus. This document will explain GCC’s Youth Regathering Plan.
Important Information Regarding Regathering:
- GCC Youth Group will begin the Wednesday of June 17, 2020. This will be located at Grace Community Church. Our nights will generally take the form of the following: outside games, a time of worship, and finish off with a message from Pastor Addison.
- Youth Group will predominately take place outside of the building in the parking lot and grassy areas. This will allow for safe social distancing according to CDC guidelines.
- Masks will NOT be required while we are practicing social distancing outside. However, please bring a mask in case social distancing measures cannot be maintained (i.e. if we needed to go inside the building because of unexpected weather).
- There will be hand sanitizer available for students to use throughout the night.
- The main doors to the building will remained propped open, so that there may be easy access to
- restrooms with minimal surface contact.
- If your child is in any way not feeling well, we ask that they do not come to youth group. Even if it isn’t
- COVID related, we would ask that your child stays home for the wellbeing of others. Furthermore, if you have had confirmed contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 please do NOT come. You will be greatly missed, but we need to make sure that everyone is safe.
- If a student or leader tests positive for COVID-19 following one of our events and we are made aware, we will inform parents of the situation via the parent email list.
- If you or your children do not feel comfortable with returning or cannot at this time return, please do not feel stressed or pressured about not coming to these events. We will be live streaming and making every effort to minister to all of our students- virtually and in person. While you will be missed, your safety is of upmost importance to us.
We are really looking forward to being with you all
As we continue to move forward, we encourage you to continue to keep Ephesians 4:1-6 on your heart and minds:
And keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace!