Are You Seeking Truth and Fulfillment?
Explore the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
Welcome to a journey of a lifetime. This is a place where you can discover the hope and love that only come from Jesus Christ. Our aim is to help guide you to a deeper understanding of who Jesus is and why He is not just a historical figure, but a living, breathing Savior who brings joy, peace, and purpose to our lives.
Jesus Christ – More than Just a Historical Figure
To some, Jesus Christ may simply be a name from history, a man born in Nazareth 2,000 years ago, who traveled about the region and gained a following, only to be persecuted and executed by being nailed to a cross. But Jesus Christ is so much more than a historical figure. He is God, the Savior of the world, and he continues to shape the lives of millions today.
Jesus, through his teachings, miracles, and ultimate sacrifice, demonstrated His love for us. His resurrection is proof of His power over death and His divinity. The life and message of Jesus, captured by His disciples and followers in the New Testament, reveal the depth of His love and His role in our lives.
The following sections will help you explore the remarkable journey of Jesus, understanding more deeply who He is, what He has done, and the life-changing impact He can have on your life.
Click on the bold text to expand the section
The Gospel - The Good News of Salvation through Jesus Christ
At the heart of Christianity is the Gospel, often referred to as the ‘Good News.’ But what is this good news, and why is it so important?
In the beginning, God created a perfect world where humans had a direct relationship with Him. However, mankind chose disobedience, bringing sin into this perfect world and causing a rift between people and their Creator. This is the universal condition of humankind – we all have fallen short of God’s glory, and the consequence of our sin is death (Romans 3:23; 6:23).
But God—in His immeasurable love—sought to bridge this divide. He sent Jesus Christ, His Son, who was both wholly God and wholly man, to the world. Jesus lived a perfect life, yet chose to die on the cross, taking the penalty of our sins upon Himself. Three days later, He rose from the dead, defeating sin and death.
God’s plan is that through faith in Jesus, we can have forgiveness for our sins and receive eternal life. ‘For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life’ (John 3:16).
This is the Gospel: the loving invitation from God to turn from our sins, believe in Jesus for our salvation and follow Him.
Jesus - The Key to Eternal Life, Peace and Purpose
Many wonder why Jesus is important. Why should we believe in a man who walked the earth two thousand years ago? The answer lies in the divine identity and mission of Jesus. He is not just a historical figure, but a living Savior who offers us hope, peace, and purpose even today.
Believing in Jesus is essential for several reasons:
- Eternal Life: Through His sacrifice on the cross, Jesus has paid the penalty for our sins. Those who believe in Him are given the promise of eternal life (John 3:16).
- Peace: Jesus provides peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7). No matter what trials we face, we can find rest in Him.
- Purpose: Jesus provides purpose and meaning to our lives. As we follow His teachings and example, we can find fulfilling ways to live and serve, leading to a life of fulfillment.
In short, Jesus offers us unity with God, something we cannot achieve on our own because of our sins. He provides us with a sense of purpose, a peace that transcends worldly understanding, and, ultimately, an everlasting life in God’s presence.
Not only does Jesus bring us closer to God, but He also shows us how to live a loving and fruitful life. He leads by example, offering us a blueprint for how to treat others with kindness, love, and understanding. ‘A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.’ (John 13:34)
Your Road to Salvation – Acknowledging, Repenting, and Accepting
The Gospel message makes it clear that salvation is not something we can earn or attain on our own; it’s a free gift from God through faith in Jesus Christ. Here’s how you can embark on this transformative journey:
- Acknowledge God: Many people begin conversations about salvation on sin, but we must first remember that we are created by a Holy and Loving God for a purpose: communion with Him (Genesis 1:26). This is what makes sin such a tragedy.
- Acknowledge Sin: Next is to acknowledge that we have all sinned and fallen short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23). Recognize that sin creates a barrier between us and God.
- Repent: Repentance isn’t just about feeling regret; It’s about turning away from sinful ways and turning towards God. It’s making the conscious choice to leave behind actions and attitudes that displease God and hurt others (Acts 3:19).
- Believe in Jesus: Trust in Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross as the only sufficient payment for your sin. Believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He died for your sins, and that God raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9). This belief is not merely intellectual, but one that affects your whole life and being.
- Accept Him as Your Savior: It’s a personal decision to invite Jesus into your life as your Lord and Savior. This is sometimes expressed in a prayer, but it is the faith and decision behind the prayer that matters, not the words alone.
It’s important to remember that this process is the starting point of a lifelong journey in faith. As we grow closer to Jesus, we become more like Him in our thoughts, actions, and attitudes, which is a process that Christians to as sanctification. We are set apart and empowered to become more like Jesus throughout our lives.
The Sinner's Prayer - A Heartfelt Admission of Faith
Though the exact words aren’t as important as the intent of your heart, the following prayer serves as a guide that you can use to communicate your decision to follow Christ:
The Sinner’s Prayer: ‘Lord Jesus, I confess that I am a sinner in need of Your grace. I believe You came to this earth, lived a sinless life, and died on the cross for my sins. You were raised from the dead, showing your victory over sin and death. I repent of my sins and welcome You into my heart and life. I want to trust You as my Lord and Savior and follow You as the Lord of my life. Thank you for forgiving me and granting me eternal life. In Your Name, Amen.’
Remember, praying this prayer or a similar one does not guarantee salvation. The assurance of salvation is faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross and not based on the words we speak.
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.[f] And by him we cry, “Abba,[g] Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. – Romans 8:14-17
Becoming a Follower of Christ - Your Spiritual Journey Begins
If you’ve prayed to accept Jesus into your heart, we congratulate you on beginning a wonderful spiritual journey! Accepting Christ is an important first step, but it’s just the beginning of your walk in faith. Here’s what you can do next:
- Bible Reading: The Bible is the Word of God and an invaluable guide for life. Begin reading it daily, perhaps starting with the Gospel of John in the New Testament.
- Prayer: Establish a regular conversation with God. Prayer is not just about asking for things, but a chance to build a relationship with God.
- Worship: We invite you to attend Grace Community Church, where you can worship God and find community with fellow believers. They can provide you with support and encouragement, answer your questions, and help you grow in faith.
- Baptism: Baptism is an outward sign of an inward change. It symbolizes the believer following Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection (Romans 6:3-4).
- Serve Others: As you learn more about Jesus and His teachings, you’ll find endless opportunities to serve others as He did – through acts of kindness, compassion, and charity.
Remember, faith is not a destination, but a journey. Along the way, you might stumble, but remember that you have a Heavenly Father who loves you, understands your struggles, and is always ready to pick you up.
Answers to Your Questions About Jesus and Christianity
Diving into the universe of Christianity can prompt a multitude of questions. Here, we’ll address some common ones. If you have a question that’s not answered here, please reach out to us using the contact form!
How can I be sure that I'm saved?
The assurance of salvation comes from trusting in Jesus and His finished work on the cross, not in anything that we do. As we grow in our faith, we experience transformation in our hearts and lives, giving evidence of His work within us (2 Corinthians 5:17, Romans 8:14-17).
I've made mistakes since I accepted Christ. Have I lost my salvation?
God’s grace is bigger than our failures. When we confess our sins to God, He is faithful to forgive us (1 John 1:9). The process of becoming like Christ is a journey, and while we strive not to sin, we rest in the knowledge that His grace covers us when we do.
What is the Bible, and how should I read it?
The Bible is God’s Word to all people. It’s composed of 66 books penned by various authors over centuries, under inspiration from the Holy Spirit. As you read, ask God to help you understand and apply what you’re reading. A good place for new believers to start may be the Gospel of John.
Does God still perform miracles?
Yes! Miracles didn’t stop in Bible times. Every life changed by Jesus is a modern-day miracle, and many believers can testify to specific miraculous events in their lives as well.
How can I hear from God?
God speaks to us very clearly through His Word. Sometimes, in agreement with his word, he speaks through prayer, other believers, and sometimes even through our circumstances. As you grow in your relationship with Him, you’ll become more familiar with His voice.
Embracing your faith in Christ shouldn’t lead to more confusion, but rather more clarity and peace. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any question, no matter how small or big it might seem.
Connect With Us – Our Pastors Are Eager to Journey With You
Making a decision to follow Jesus is profound and life-changing. We’re here to support you on this exciting journey. Fill out this form, and one of our pastors will reach out to you. They can help answer any questions you may have and provide guidance for your next steps as you deepen your relationship with Jesus.
I Have Decided to Follow Jesus
This form is for people who have started a relationship with JEsus
Sun 9:15 AM | Sun 11 AM
212 Peach Bottom Road, Willow Street, PA 17584