Outpour Kids at GCC
At Grace Community Church, we are passionate about providing opportunities for children (1st-8th grade) to learn how to serve with excellence in the arts for the purpose of drawing others closer to Jesus. This brand new music program is open to ALL children in our community - those who are members of GCC, have a wonderful church home already or may be looking to get plugged in somewhere. We are equipping children to use their gifts in service for The Kingdom!
Helping children discover how to create with passion, excellence, and purpose (P.E.P.) while growing in a knowledge of and love for Jesus.
To have passion about serving with excellence in the arts for the purpose of drawing other closer to Jesus.
Summer Virtual Choir Ministry
Throughout the summer, Outpour Kids will be creating community-wide children's virtual choir projects to minister to the world during the COVID-19 pandemic. In lieu of our summer music camp postponement to June 2021, we are creating meaningful opportunities for the children of our community to use their gifts to bring glory and honor to our Savior, Jesus Christ.
If you would like more information on how to get your 1st-6th grade children involved, contact the church using the link at the bottom of the page.
Children's Community Worship Choir
All children in 1st-6th grade are invited to join Outpour Kids Community Worship Choir held on Wednesday evenings from 6:15PM-7:30PM. The purpose of each 8-week session is to help train our children in ways "to create with passion, excellence, and purpose (P.E.P.) while growing in a knowledge of and a love for Jesus."
"Putting on the Full Armor of God"
Fall Session: September 30th - November 18th, 2020
"Created for a Purpose"
Winter Session: February 3rd - March 24th, 2021 (weather make-up dates; March 31 & April 7)
What To Expect
Instruction to include:
- sing in unison and simple part singing
- practice singing basics: proper breathing, posture, diction, healthy vocal production, basic music reading skills, and musicianship
- develop choral disciplines such as following instructions, watching the director, and choir etiquette
- learn age-appropriate music including rounds, praise chorus arrangements, hymns, and songs from other countries
- sing in a closing performance of excellence for the glory of God
- develop understanding of worship to God and service to the church
- engage in a short devotional, based on each sessions' Bible theme, led by the director followed by a breakout activity led by the small group mentors
We conclude each of the 8-week sessions with a Worship Service at 7:30pm on the final Wednesday, led by the Outpour Kids Community Worship Choir!
Meet our GCC Director of Children's Music Ministry
Katie Wieand joined the Grace Community Church staff in 2020 as the Director of Children's Music Ministry. A native of Lancaster County, she comes with many years of experience, both as a professional vocalist/vocal instructor and in music ministry to children for 20+ years.
If you have further questions concerning our Outpour Kids ministry or visiting Grace Community Church with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!
If you have interest in learning about volunteer opportunities with Outpour Kids ministry, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!