unlock a passion for singing in your child
At GCC, we are passionate about providing opportunities for children (K-8th grade) to learn how to serve with excellence in the arts for the purpose of drawing others closer to Jesus. That’s why we started Outpour Kids. This music program is open to ALL children in our community – even if you do not attend GCC. We are equipping children to use their gifts in service for The Kingdom! You can find more information about our kids ministry here.
Community Worship Choir
WHO? Kids in Grade K – 6
WHEN? Thursdays from 6-7:30PM for 8 weeks
October-November and January-February
Summer Musical Theater Program
WHO? Kids entering Grade 1 – 8
WHEN? July 18-22, 2022
Performance – July 22nd at 7PM
OutPour Kids Mission
Helping children discover how to create with passion, excellence, and purpose (P.E.P.) while growing in a knowledge of and love for Jesus.
To have Passion about serving with Excellence in the arts for the Purpose of drawing other closer to Jesus.
If we need to reach our families with infants or toddlers during the service, we will notify the pager you receive upon check in.
Musical Theater Camp
“Sermon on the Mound! – Catch the Spirit” is an energetic musical that teaches us several important lessons for life. The musical centers on spring training for the Eagles baseball team. Mac Wire, the rookie, has been training with the team for forty days and forty nights and is distraught by possible mistakes he could make during a game…tripping in the outfield, dropping the ball, striking out. He quickly learns many lessons on the field, but the biggest changes take place in his heart as God teaches him about playing on His team, spending time with the “Head Coach,” and suiting up with the armor of God.
Kids Entering Grade 1-8
July 18 – 22, 2022
9:00 AM – 1:45 PM
July 22nd | 7:00 PM
Auditions for Roles
Just by registering for the musical camp, you are IN! Casting of speaking and singing roles will take place on Sunday, June 5th from 5:30-8:30pm. You will receive a Signup Genius link to select an audition time with your registration confirmation. Simply select a time that fits best for you and your family.
- Performance t-shirt
- Musical script
- All materials and handouts
- Mid-morning snack
- Costuming and props
Students should plan to bring their own nut free lunch and water bottles.
Children’s Community Worship Choir
“Worship in the Word”
Thursdays from 6:00 – 7:30PM
October 6, 13, 20, 27
November 3, 10, 18
***Our final rehearsal is on Friday, October 18th from 6-7:15PM, with a performance at 7:30 PM.
Outpour Kids Registration closes on September 26th or before if cap # of singers is reached first.
Instruction to include:
- sing in unison and simple part singing
- practice singing basics: proper
- breathing, posture, diction, healthy
- vocal production, basic music reading skills, and musicianship
- develop choral disciplines such as following instructions, watching the director, and choir etiquette
- learn age-appropriate music including rounds, praise chorus arrangements, hymns, and songs from other countries
- sing in a closing performance of excellence for the glory of God
- develop understanding of worship to God and service to the church
- engage in a short devotional, based on each sessions’ Bible theme, led by the director followed by a breakout activity led by the small group mentors
*Scholarship information is available upon request